Friday, September 9, 2011

The Early Bird at Jabriya

I had breakfast at the Early Bird in Jabriya today. I'd only ever eaten there once before and have never been to the other branch.

I have to say the food is over-hyped. My first time there, I remember ordering the biscuits and sausage gravy. Today I opted for their pancakes without fruit toppings, which came with a side order of hash browns as well as a slice of banana bread.

I was looking forward to the pancakes, but unfortunately, I was disappointed. Maybe it's because I had already tried the pancakes at Dean & Deluca, but I didn't really enjoy the ones I had at Early Bird. They were huge, dry (on the inside) and a bit salty I'm surprised to say - even after a heavy dose of maple syrup. And it's not as if the rest of the food tasted bad, it's just that I've had better.



If I had to choose one word to describe the overall dining experience, it would be 'difficult'. Only because the entire restaurant is tiny, the tables are cramped together (inside and outside) and I felt like I couldn't have a proper conversation without being overheard by everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment